Effective date: October 31, 2022
Thanks for using Opsi! Our mission is to create a more enlightened way of working by providing an intuitive, unified platform to unleash the potential of your restaurants. Here we describe how we collect, use, and share your personal information when you visit our website at https://opsi.io, or use our software and online services (our website, applications and online services, collectively, the “Services”). References to “you,” or “your,” refers to any user who visits our website or uses the Services, or whose personal information is submitted through the Services.
This Policy does not apply to any other websites, applications or services maintained or operated by other third parties such as our third party service providers or to third party sites which may be linked to our Services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites and services. Please read the privacy policies of the other websites or applications to learn how such third parties collect, use, share, and secure information about you.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, or other information the Services collects that is defined as personally identifiable information under applicable law (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you and is generated automatically as a result of using the Services such as your internet connection, the device being used, IP address, device identifiers and other usage details (“usage information”). In certain jurisdictions, some usage information such as device identifiers and your IP address may be personal information.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us through your browsing or use of the Services.
- Automatically as you visit or navigate through the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, other users of the Services who may post information about you or provide your email address through our Services, or from publicly available information about you or certain service providers we might use.
We use personal information and usage information to provide, improve, and protect our Services and for our legitimate business needs.
Information You Provide to Us
Generally, we collect and process only information voluntarily provided to us other than usage information collected automatically as discussed in “Usage Information” below.The information voluntarily provided through the Services may include but is not limited to the following:
- Account Information. When you register for an account with us to use the Services, we collect, and associate with the account, the information you provide to us when you do things such as sign up for your account, upgrade to a paid plan, and set up two-factor authentication, such as your name, email address, phone number, payment and billing info including credit card information or ACH information.
- Profile Information. The profile information submitted when creating a profile such as your name, phone number and email address and other information you may choose to add to your profile. Please do not add personal information to your profile that you would not want to be available to other users within your business.
- Your Stuff. Our Services are designed to make it simple for you and users to store recipes, images, videos, staff lists, files, documents, comments, messages, and so on (“Your Stuff”), collaborate with others users, and work across multiple devices. Your Stuff may contain personal information about you. To make storage and collaboration possible, we collect, store, process and transmit Your Stuff to other users, which may contain personal information as well as information related to it. This related information includes your profile information that makes it easier to collaborate and share Your Stuff with others, as well as things like the size of the file, the time it was uploaded, collaborators, and usage activity. Please note when you post or share Your Stuff, Your Stuff is shared with other users which may in turn be further shared so please be mindful of what you post.
- Contacts. You may choose to give us access to your contacts of other users to make it easy for you to invite users to the Services, and to do things like share and collaborate on Your Stuff and send messages. If you do, we’ll collect and store those contacts and your communications with and among those users that occur through the Services on our servers for you to use which may contain personal information.
- Other Information when you Contact Us. When you contact us either online (by email or through a chat function) or by phone for customer support, we may collect your first and last name, email address, telephone number, physical address, and any personal information you may provide.
- Email address. We collect your email address when you sign up to be on our email mailing list and receive email information, updates or promotions from us or to receive an email invitation to the Services when your email is provided to us by another user. You have the right to opt-out or unsubscribe to email marketing (See “E-Mail Opt Out Rights” below).
- Information when you submit or request career / employment information.
- You may submit and we may collect other relevant data which may be deemed personal information under applicable law.
We may use other third party service providers (which are third parties who work on our behalf to provide and enhance the Services) to collect this information.
As you visit or interact with the Services, we and our service providers who work on our behalf to provide and enhance the Services, may use automatic data collection technologies to automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, usage and patterns including:
- Server log files (IP Address). Our server logs automatically record certain usage and activity and information from the device you are using such as your IP Address. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your internet service provider and may be identified and logged automatically in our server logs whenever a user of that device accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP addresses to administer the Services, track users’ movements, determine use levels, analyze trends, diagnose server problems and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- Device information. We collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Services. This includes things like IP addresses, internet service provider, the type of browser and device you use and its operating system, the web page you visited before coming to our sites (referring URL or exit pages), and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information about the location of your device to the Services and sometimes mobile carrier. We may collect information about your browsing activities on the Services (pages you visit, features you use, date and time of your use, length of visit, browsing and search history).
- Web Beacons/Pixel Tags. Pages of the Services and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us or our service providers, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Note you can opt-out of having made your activity on the Services available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add–on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout applicable for your web browser.
- Through Social Media Widgets. Our Services include social media features, such as the Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn widgets. These features may collect information about you such as your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Services. They may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies discussed above to accomplish this. Social media features and widgets may be hosted by a third-party. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- Through the use of advertising networks.We may advertise in a number of ways, including through third party ad networks (e.g., Google Ads, Facebook Ads). Certain information about your use of our Services and these third party services may be collected by us or the third party service provider using the tracking technologies described above across time and across websites or services to provide you with more personalize ads. They may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies discussed above to accomplish this. See “Interest-Based Ads” below.
- When you use our App. We offer a mobile application downloadable through app stores. When downloaded, we may track and collect your mobile application usage data, such as the date and time your device accesses our servers, what features or functionality of the app you use, the unique identifier for your mobile device, device type, manufacturer, carrier, device location (city and state), and what information and files of the Services have been downloaded/uploaded to the app.
For information on how you may be able to control cookies and tracking technologies and Interest-Based Ads, see “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Information from Others
We may obtain personal information about you from third parties such as:
- Other users of the Services may also post content that includes personal information about you in “their stuff” such us when they send us your contact information or email address through our Services which would then also be collected by us.
- We may also receive additional personal information about you from third parties, such as public databases and certain information from our third party service providers who work on our behalf to provide our Services.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information we collect about you or that you provide to us to:
- Present the Services and its contents to you.
- Provide you with information that you request from us.
- Fulfill requests for products, services or information.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for the sale of our products or services.
- For our email marketing purposes in accordance with applicable law.
- Provide notices about your account or your use of the Services.
- Notify you about technical information, updates, security alerts and changes to our Services, our policies or the products and services we offer or provide to you.
- Customize the advertising and content you see and Interest-Based Ads (discussed below).
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve our Services and your experience.
- Synthesize and derive insights from your use of the Services including through analytics and metrics.
- Fulfill our business purposes including data analysis to develop improved Services, products and services and to expand our business activities.
- Interact with you on our social media platforms when you contact us through such platform.
- Protect our Services and our users through audits, fraud monitoring, and prevention.
- Share the information as described below.
- Perform other business activities as needed or as described elsewhere in this policy.
Interest-Based Ads. We participate in interested-based adverting and currently use third party ad-serving companies (Google Ads, Facebooks Ads, Microsoft Ads) to serve and display interest-based advertising (“Interest-Based Ads”) on our Services and/or on other third party sites. We allow these third-party companies to collect certain information through their own cookies or other tracking technologies when you use or visit our Services. This information is used to serve ads for our products or the products or services of others when you visit our website or other websites. These companies use non-identifiable information (e.g., browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, and session ID) and personally identifiable information (e.g., static IP address) during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. This allows the ad-serving companies to provide you with more useful and relevant ads.
See “Your Rights and Choices” below on how you may be able to control Interest-Based Ads.
Aggregate/De-Identified Data. We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through our Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/De-Identified Information”). We may use Aggregate/De-Identified Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers and/or others. By using our Services, you consent to such use.
How We Share Your Information
We may disclose or share personal information collected through the Services as set forth below.
- Others working for and with Opsi. Opsi uses certain trusted third party service providers who receive or process personal information we collect to perform functions that support our business and the Services (for example, our hosting provider, providers of customer support and IT services, email marketing, processing payments, analytics providers, online chat functions, and providers that help us market our products) and help us provide, improve, protect, and promote our Services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. We limit information shared with service providers to what is necessary to fulfill the services.
- Our Affiliates. We may disclose or share personal information to any of our affiliates in furtherance of our business who will be required to maintain that information consistent with this Policy.
- Other users. Our Services display information like your name, profile picture, and email address to other users in places like your user profile and sharing notifications. You can also share Your Stuff with other users if you choose. When you register your Opsi account with an email address on a domain owned by your employer or organization, we may help collaborators and administrators find you and your team by making some of your basic information—like your name, team name, profile picture, and email address—visible to other users on the same domain. This helps you sync up with teams you can join and helps other users share files and folders with you. Certain features let you make additional information available to others.
- Other third party applications. To the extent you or your organization chooses to integrate the Opsi Services with third-party providers – for example, via Opsi APIs – Opsi will share your and your organization’s user information with that provider. Just remember that the third-party provider’s use of your and your organization’s user information will be governed by their privacy policies and terms.
- Law & Order and the Public Interest. We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with any court order, law, legal process or legal obligation, including responding to any government or regulatory request or subpoena applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request or subpoena; (b) to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others including to protect any person from death or serious bodily injury or harm; (c) prevent or investigate fraud, abuse or possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services or affecting Opsi or our users; (d) protect Opsi’s rights, property, safety, or interest; or (e) perform a task carried out in the public interest.
- Buyer or Successor. We may share, disclose and transfer your information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by us about the users of the Services is among the assets transferred.
- Other Purposes. We may also share personal information:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any purposes as to Aggregate/De-Identified Information.
We do not sell personal information to unaffiliated third parties as “sell” is normally understood or use your personal information except as stated in this Policy.
For information on how you may be able to control cookies and tracking technologies used by Google Analytics and how you may be able to control Interest-Based Ads, see “Your Rights and Choices” – “Limiting Google Analytics;” “Limiting and Opting out of Interest-Based Ads” below.
Links to Third Party Sites
Third Party Services
Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights and choices with respect your personal information as follows:
- User Account Controls. You can access, change, amend, download, erase and delete your personal information and Your Stuff by logging into your Opsi account and going to your account settings or your control page. To change your account information, you may log in to your account on the Services and change your name, email, phone number or password. Your administrator may also update this data and/or delete your account.
You can also ask us for a copy of personal data you provided to us by contacting us as set forth in “Contacting Us” below and we will provide you with your personal data as required by law.
- Closing Your Account. If you wish to delete your account please contact [email protected]. We will initiate deletion of this information after 30 days. But please note: (1) there might be some latency in deleting this information from our servers and back-up storage; and (2) we may retain this information if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. Additionally, if the email account associated with your email address is not active, we may close your account without notice.
- E-Mail Opt Out Rights. If you do not wish to have your email address used by us for our promotional or marketing purposes, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our email communication. You can also opt-out by sending us an email as set forth in “Contacting Us” below with your opt-out request. Even after you opt-out or update your marketing preferences, please allow us sufficient time to process your marketing preferences. It may take up to 30 days to process your e-mail related requests. Please note that after you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional or informational related purposes, for example, to answer questions you may submit to us.
- Limiting Web Beacons. In some cases, web beacons can generally be disabled by setting your browser to be in text mode only. There are also browser add-ons and extensions that specifically block web beacons. If you object to web beacons in emails, we recommend that you follow the instructions for disabling cookies above. We will still know how many of our emails are opened and we will automatically receive your IP address or other unique device identifier but we will not identify you as an individual.
- Limiting Google Analytics. To install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add–on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout, please see the information in “Analytics Providers” above.
- Limiting Interest-Based Ads. You generally can choose not to receive these by adjusting your advertising preferences to opt-out of Interest-Based Ads. You should also have the ability to visit an opt-out page directly from any of the Interest-Based Ads displayed in your browser. If you choose to opt-out of receiving Interest-Based Ads, you will still see ads but they will not be personalized.
Additionally, Google, Facebook and many other third party ad servers participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioral advertising. To learn more about the DAA and your opt-out options for their members, please visit the opt-out page on the DAA’s website at aboutads.info/choices. In addition, some of these third parties may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, please visit the opt-out page on the NAI’s website at networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Any opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt-out and you may have to opt-out for each of your devices. Further, opting-out only means that the selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-Based Ads to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad servers/networks). We are not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
We have implemented reasonable technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect the safety of your personal information. Please keep your account password secure to help ensure the safety of your personal information. While we take reasonable measures to protect the information you submit via the Services, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No internet security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, THIRD-PARTY ACCESS, OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
Any information collected through the Services is stored and processed in the United States. If you use the Services outside of the United States, you consent to have your data transferred to the United States. Information may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
Data Retention Policy
We will retain your personal information for as long as you use the Services and for a reasonable time thereafter or longer to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies. We will also retain usage information and Aggregated Data for internal analysis purposes unless otherwise required by applicable law.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have incorporated a Do Not Track (DNT) feature. These features, when turned on, send a signal that you prefer that the website you are visiting not collect and use data regarding your online searching and browsing activities. As there is not yet a common understanding on how to interpret the DNT signal, we currently do not respond to DNT signals on the Services.
We do not knowingly collect personal information directly from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information directly from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information directly from a child under 13, please contact us as set forth in “Contacting Us” below.
California Shine the Light Law
Under California’s Shine the Light Law (Civil Code 1798), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request and obtain from us annually information about their personal information we share with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To obtain this information, please make a request by sending us an email as set forth in “Contacting Us” below and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account.We will respond and provide the information as required by the Shine the Light Law by reply email.
Although our Services are not directed to minors, if you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our Services. Note that fulfilment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please make a request by sending us an email as set forth in “Contacting Us” below and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account.We will respond and provide the information as required by the applicable law
Nevada Residents Privacy Rights
Nevada law gives Nevada consumers the right to request that a company not sell their covered personal information for monetary consideration to certain other parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to exercise this right, please send us an email as set forth in “Contacting Us” below with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. We will respond in accordance with applicable law.
- By email: [email protected]